Extended Offer

Since I love the outdoors and do one to two backwoods trips a year, I thought it would be fitting to offer the following service. If you manufacture gear for the great outdoors and are looking for someone to test a product that you manufacture, I may be able to help. Please contact me using one of my contact forms at Northern Branches. I am well versed in GPS’s, mapping software, solid modeling (currently a design engineer), wood canoe/kayak building, and digital photography. My plans for a spring ’08 trip into the Boundary Waters are underway. The route will be a 35 to 50 mile loop probably in the northeast corner of the park. Again, contact me via Northern Branches with any questions.

NorthernBranches Photos

Since we have received such a positive response to my wifes BWCA give away I have decided to create my first photos available for purchase. You will find the page here I will be adding more this weekend as well as my paypal account.

Thanks

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Face of ?



The Story

This was the first day on our 2006 BWCA (Boundary Waters Canoe Area) camping trip. I was waiting to take a posed photo of my dad and brother-in-law who had done a little back tracking so I could capture the moment. Well as I was waiting - actually sculling in place to capture the moment I couldn't help but notice this very small wave carved in the face of this shore line cliff. So I snapped a few photos. As it turns out the other pictures didn't. They ended up spending too much time turning around and the wind started howling in between this channel. I snapped a few then it was on to find the next portage.
How did this photo end up here? Last night my best-half and I purchase a new printer - Canon Pixma iP6700D. At midnight before going to bed I selected a handful of images to print kind of as a test of the new printer. In the morning I showed them to DaWife and this image was viewed with perplexing curiosity. She said "what is this." As the image was rotated from 90° to 90° I explained it then brought them to work with me. We as the morning progressed i was impressing fellow employees with my images from my new printer. I kept getting the same results 90° to 90° it went. So my best-half posted her wordless Wednesday entry I thought this maybe fun I have the perfect image. So I posted it and here we are.

Where

Gotter Lake Northern Minnesota

Looking at these images you see a point sticking out on the south shore of the bay in the northern most point of this lake. Follow the shore into the channel to the southwest it was taken about 100' from the point.



P.S. I did rotate the WW image.


Google Maps: Remember to select the "Satellite" button.

Google Earth: If you have google earth installed you can paste this - 48° 4'15.89"N 90°53'0.05"W - into the "fly-to" drop down.

CAUTION DON'T INSTALL GOOGLE EARTH IF YOU HAVE AN ADDICTIVE PERSONALITY!!!!!

When
September 1st 2006 at 4:46 pm.

This photo below is taken looking due northwest. Directly across from the point.



No comments: